Exodus 33  

Posted by Laura Radichel in

The first thing I thought of when I finished reading this chapter was how Moses is a great mediator (go-between) for the children of Israel. He spoke directly with God for the children of Israel. In this passage, Moses is a great example of how Christ is a mediator for us. Christ's role as a priest for us to speak for us. Christ says "No one can come to the Father except through Him.". Great reason to use "In Jesus Name" at the end of our prayers.


I went back through the verses and verse 11 really stood out to me. "The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend." I love this phrase, because sometime we need to just speak to God as a friend. It's nice to be able to just let out all my troubles or frustrations to the Lord, just like I would tell a friend who is near. It's also great to remember that He has promised to hear my prayers. Sometimes friends are needed just to listen.

Although I wouldn't say that in this prayer the Lord just listens. He is a true friend by providing Moses with comfort. I noticed that the Lord continously uses the phrase "I will". The Lord reassures Moses of His promises throughout the prayer. We can be comforted too, because we have the promise from the Lord that He will always be with us.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 4:41 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment