Exodus 15  

Posted by Laura Radichel in

This is a great example of an Adoration prayer. When I was in school, I was taught the ACTS of prayer. A - Adoration, C- Confession, T - Thanksgiving, S - Supplication. I find myself falling into the supplication type of prayer quite often. It seems like I'm usually asking God to provide for me something I need or usually want. As we noticed with Abraham, there's nothing wrong with those prayers. The Lord tells us that we should always call upon Him, but we should also express prayers in adoration and thankfulness like Moses and Miriam does here.

I love that after Moses prayer. Miriam sings her praises "and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances". They were not afraid to express they're joy!

Although at the very end of this chapter, we see the children of Israel fall back into sin. They are complaining yet again. The constant battle between the old man and the new man. The sinner and the saint are at war within all of us.

This entry was posted on Monday, October 12, 2009 at 12:51 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment